If you are new to this series, let me explain it to you: Since Android is an open platform, I decided to be open about the income I’m making with my private Android apps too.
For all income reports, please click here.
The last income report lies back almost a year. We’ve had a big job at ANDLABS which consumed almost all my time and also stopped me from working on my apps and also reduced my post frequency. Since this job is done now, there will be more reports and even a newsletter.
For now, here’s a summary of the income my Android apps generated in the last year.
3D Invaders – about 350,000 installs,
AL Voice Recorder – about 1,027,000 installs,
AL Voice Recorder Ad Free – 1,117 installs,
SmsToSpeech full – 750 installs,
The careful reader might recognize that SmsToSpeech full and AL Voice Recorder Ad Free have a decline in installs, which should technically not be possible. I ascribe this to a different way of counting Google is using.
Please read the second income report for an explanation of the following numbers.
Here are some statistics of the Ad frameworks I’m using. Unfortunately there seem to be issues with madvertise’s reporting system, which is why I’m only showing AdMob numbers here. To summarize madvertise’s performance in the last year though: It was underwhelming.
Fill Rate: 98.94%
House Ads: 104,351
Here’s the distribution over the months:
Here are the numbers:
3D Invaders: $1,596.55
AL Voice Recorder: $3,010,52
AdMob Total: $4,607.19
Market sales: ~$407.55
In-App purchases: ~$41.25
It’s obvious that my app’s performance was not good compared to the months before, where I put a little more emphasis on maintaining their market position. Still, $200-$300 extra on the bank account every month don’t hurt.
For now I will focus on the development of a new game. Hence I don’t expect my income to rise until it’s published.
Please feel free to share your own experiences and hints in the comments. Ask questions, share, do whatever you like.